Terms & Conditions of Registration
Terms & Conditions of Registration at Waverley Basketball Club:
It is a condition of your child/children’s registration that a you/a family member is available for scoring when rostered and will also contribute as a Team Manager, Coach or Committee member during your association with the Waverley Basketball Club.
It is important to know that teams have been withdrawn from playing due to the lack of parental/guardian support with Coaching and/or Team Manager roles.
Should a team forfeit, they will need to pay the penalty fee.
An administration fee will apply if any registration is withdrawn more than five days after the registration period has closed.
Please note that NO registration fees will be refunded if either of the following occurs:
· A player is withdrawn one week prior to the release of team lists (at Club Presentation Day),
· The team lists have been submitted to the Nunawading Basketball Junior Domestic Competitions Administrator.
Exceptions to the refund policy are:
· If Waverley Basketball Club is unable to provide a team in a particular age group due to the lack of registered eligible players,
· If Waverley Basketball Club withdraws a team due to no Coach and/or Team Manager,
· Waverley Basketball Club reserves the right to withdraw a registration and refund the registration fee if the number of players in an age group exceeds the maximum number of registrations for that age group
· In extenuating circumstances. An application for the consideration and eligibility of a refund can be made to our Registrar. The application will be reviewed on an individual, case by case basis by the Waverley Basketball Club Executive Committee.
Waverley Basketball Club does not disclose information regarding medical conditions, allergies or special needs to Coaches or Team Managers.
Parents/guardians are responsible for their child/ren at all training sessions and games. In the event of an accident or injury at games or training, the parent/guardian gives permission for the registered player in the event of absence of the parent/guardian, or where it is impractical to communicate with the parent/guardian, to receive medical or surgical treatment as necessary. The parent/guardian will also take full responsibility for any costs incurred and will not hold Waverley Basketball Club liable for any damages.
All supporters, players, parents/guardians etc agree to abide by Basketball Victoria’s Codes of Conduct for Players, Parents and Spectators available on Basketball Victoria’s website – basketballvictoria.com.au, our website or our Facebook page.
PlayHQ and Privacy:
When you register on PlayHQ parents/guardians will need to set up their own account, create a password and verify the account. A Parent/Guardian will need to do this and then return to the registration link to enter in player’s details.
To change any details on your account you will need to edit your profile by logging into PlayHQ first. This means the club registrar cannot change your details for you.
When registering a player you will need to accept the terms and conditions of Basketball Victoria, Nunawading Basketball and Waverley Basketball Club – please click on the links to read the terms and conditions of each of these.
Any information provided to us will only be used to register players with Nunawading Basketball (in the MEBA and GEBC competitions) and for club purposes (i.e. player contact lists). Email addresses & contact details will be provided to Coaches, Team Managers and Club Officials to be used for club related correspondence only. If you have any privacy concerns or would like to verify any information we hold about you/your child, please contact our Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org